The institution has a well defined policy for promotion of research and the same is uploaded on the institutional website
The institution has a well-defined policy for promotion of research.
A research development cell has been established that will plan, prepare and
implement the steps for development of research and development activities in our college.
The Research and Development (R&D) Cell was established in 2000 as per the decisions
taken by the Academic Council.
The R&D Cell comprise of the following members:
Research Supervisors approved by the College
Head of all Academic Departments
Senior Faculties, nominated by the Research Director/Principal
Nominee from the College
Nominee from the Industry
- The R&D Cell is responsible for assisting the Academic Council in the
performance of the Council’s responsibilities in respect of the establishment
and promotion of excellence in the
- Institute’s research and development, and academic and research training activities.
This includes the development, review and monitoring of achievements under the
Research & Development, and those aspects of other college/Institute Plans.
- The development and enhancement of the Institute’s research capacities.
- Motivate all Faculties to pursue research in their respective areas of expertise.
- The protection and commercialization of the Institute’s intellectual property.
- Consultancy activities related to R&D.
- The provision of research and development opportunities for academic staff to
maintain enthusiasm, awareness of current scholarship and relevance in
teaching and other Institutional activities.
- The development of infrastructure conducive to promoting the quality and
quantity of research and development.
- The establishment of research and development priorities; and monitoring the
quality and quantity of research and development.
- Disbursement of Institute Research Funds to established researchers, both
individually and in groups; including research infrastructure funds; higher degree
by research candidates; seeking grants to researchers; research initiatives across
the departments; and provision of consolidated information to the Academic
Council and other appropriate Institutional bodies.
- Monitor the application of Research Funds to ensure that the funds are
properly and formally accounted for.
- Promote emerging areas of research and development.
- Development of mechanisms conducive to the best possible ways of engaging and
motivating research staff.
- To monitor and enhance the quality of research programmes, projects and the
research infrastructure within Institute , including the training of research scholars.
- To be responsible for progression of research scholars.
- To foster the development of multi-disciplinary research endeavors across
Faculties and departments.
- Oversee the application of the Code of Research Ethics for the responsible practice
- To formulate incentive schemes for promoting research activities with teachers and students/scholars.
- The quality of postgraduate education to be brought up to an internationally high
level. An evaluation of PG program to be carried out by the R&D committee.
- To promote building build strategic, durable partnerships and develop funding
solutions with Industries and research Institutions for steering, funding and
- Legislation on higher education is amended to support the export of education.