Yoga aims in developing the physical, mental and spiritual health in an individual. Students participate in yoga health awareness programmes, and participate in yoga classes. Compulsory Yoga classes are conducted for the U.G. students Our college has a Memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM)a non – profitable charitable trust and one of the primier center of yoga and yoga therapy in Chennai.
Benefits of Yoga
Learning Yoga at D.B.Jain
- Every year around 1329 final year students of Shift I & Shift II actively participate in yoga class.
- Qualified yoga instructors from KYM train the students.
- Yoga classes are conducted for boys and girls.
- Separate classes are arranged for staff members and women’s hostel students.
- Yoga competition were conducted at the end of every academic year.
- All the basic techniques of yoga like Asanas, Breathing techniques and stress management training are given.
- At the end of the sessions feed back are collected from all the participants.
- Yoga classes are conducted both morning and evening session of the college.
- Students with specific problems have separate interactions with the instructors.
- Focused training is given to the sports students as per the needs of the game and for the management of stress on and off the field.